Elderly Massachusetts Man Shot, Killed On Northern California Trail
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
RED BLUFF, Calif. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has been fatally shot and his friend injured in a violent robbery on a Northern California hiking trail.
The Tehama County Sheriff’s office says Saturday that 69-year-old Francis “Pat” Gregory was killed in the random attack Friday in the remote trail north of Red Bluff.
Lt. Dave Greer says the robber shot Gregory and his friend — a 76-year-old man from Manton, California — after taking their money and belongings. The victims were left for dead on the trail until another hiker came upon them about three hours after the shooting.
Gregory died at the scene; the surviving victim was hospitalized with critical injuries.
Gregory was the owner of the EduComp computer store on Martha’s Vineyard and was involved in civic activities in the town West Tisbury.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)