Elderly Massachusetts Man Shot, Killed On Northern California Trail
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
RED BLUFF, Calif. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has been fatally shot and his friend injured in a violent robbery on a Northern California hiking trail.
The Tehama County Sheriff’s office says Saturday that 69-year-old Francis “Pat” Gregory was killed in the random attack Friday in the remote trail north of Red Bluff.
Lt. Dave Greer says the robber shot Gregory and his friend — a 76-year-old man from Manton, California — after taking their money and belongings. The victims were left for dead on the trail until another hiker came upon them about three hours after the shooting.
Gregory died at the scene; the surviving victim was hospitalized with critical injuries.
Gregory was the owner of the EduComp computer store on Martha’s Vineyard and was involved in civic activities in the town West Tisbury.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)