Elderly Massachusetts Man Shot, Killed On Northern California Trail
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RED BLUFF, Calif. (AP) — A Massachusetts man has been fatally shot and his friend injured in a violent robbery on a Northern California hiking trail.
The Tehama County Sheriff’s office says Saturday that 69-year-old Francis “Pat” Gregory was killed in the random attack Friday in the remote trail north of Red Bluff.
Lt. Dave Greer says the robber shot Gregory and his friend — a 76-year-old man from Manton, California — after taking their money and belongings. The victims were left for dead on the trail until another hiker came upon them about three hours after the shooting.
Gregory died at the scene; the surviving victim was hospitalized with critical injuries.
Gregory was the owner of the EduComp computer store on Martha’s Vineyard and was involved in civic activities in the town West Tisbury.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)