Official: 2 Bodies Recovered From Folsom Lake, Bringing Total To 3
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Officials say that two bodies have been recovered from Folsom Lake Saturday afternoon.
A third body was recovered Friday, State Parks representative Vicky Waters said.
The Saturday’s discovery comes exactly a week after four men went missing when their boat capsized on Folsom Lake. Searchers were scouring the lake earlier in the week, but announced that they had scaled back operations on Wednesday.
Waters said that the two bodies recovered Saturday were found within minutes of each other. A person on the lake spotted the first body around 12:50 p.m. near the South Fork side of the lake. While responding to the scene, the second body was spotted nearby.
The body found Friday was identified as one of the four missing men: 47-year-old James Andrew Strauch. Saturday, a second body was identified as 53-year-old Gerald Jacobs.