Official: 2 Bodies Recovered From Folsom Lake, Bringing Total To 3
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Officials say that two bodies have been recovered from Folsom Lake Saturday afternoon.
A third body was recovered Friday, State Parks representative Vicky Waters said.
The Saturday’s discovery comes exactly a week after four men went missing when their boat capsized on Folsom Lake. Searchers were scouring the lake earlier in the week, but announced that they had scaled back operations on Wednesday.
Waters said that the two bodies recovered Saturday were found within minutes of each other. A person on the lake spotted the first body around 12:50 p.m. near the South Fork side of the lake. While responding to the scene, the second body was spotted nearby.
The body found Friday was identified as one of the four missing men: 47-year-old James Andrew Strauch. Saturday, a second body was identified as 53-year-old Gerald Jacobs.