Official: 2 Bodies Recovered From Folsom Lake, Bringing Total To 3
Don't Miss This
- Vandals Key ‘Murder’ Into Tuolumne Veteran’s Vehicle, Rip Up Bumper Sticker
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 530 Fatties Facebook Page Targeted Overweight, Obese Yuba-Sutter Residents
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Officials say that two bodies have been recovered from Folsom Lake Saturday afternoon.
A third body was recovered Friday, State Parks representative Vicky Waters said.
The Saturday’s discovery comes exactly a week after four men went missing when their boat capsized on Folsom Lake. Searchers were scouring the lake earlier in the week, but announced that they had scaled back operations on Wednesday.
Waters said that the two bodies recovered Saturday were found within minutes of each other. A person on the lake spotted the first body around 12:50 p.m. near the South Fork side of the lake. While responding to the scene, the second body was spotted nearby.
The body found Friday was identified as one of the four missing men: 47-year-old James Andrew Strauch. Saturday, a second body was identified as 53-year-old Gerald Jacobs.