Man Accused Of Carjacking Taxi, Leading Deputies On Chase In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was taken into custody for reportedly carjacking a taxi driver and leading sheriff’s deputies on a chase.
At around 10:15 p.m. Sunday a taxi was at the 7-11 at Watt and Whitney Avenues when the suspect, Contrell Pleasant, 36, of Sacramento, allegedly assaulted the driver, got into the taxi and headed south on Watt Avenue, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
Deputies located the car as it was heading west on Highway 50 just east of 16th Street and tried to pull the driver over, but he wouldn’t stop.
The chase ended at 5th and V Streets in Sacramento. That’s where Pleasant was taken into custody.
Pleasant faces felony charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance; evading police and avoiding capture; hit-and-run; carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon. In this case, the deadly weapon was the car.
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Suspects Behind Dozens Of Sacramento County Burglaries
- Detectives: Man Dies After Fight In Rancho Cordova
- Man Found Dead In Front Of In-N-Out Was Witness In Barbershop Murder Case
- Abducted Carmichael Girl Says Suspect Let Her Go After She Pleaded With Him
- Deputies Searching For Man Who Allegedly Abducted Child From Unlocked Home