Man Accused Of Carjacking Taxi, Leading Deputies On Chase In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was taken into custody for reportedly carjacking a taxi driver and leading sheriff’s deputies on a chase.
At around 10:15 p.m. Sunday a taxi was at the 7-11 at Watt and Whitney Avenues when the suspect, Contrell Pleasant, 36, of Sacramento, allegedly assaulted the driver, got into the taxi and headed south on Watt Avenue, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
Deputies located the car as it was heading west on Highway 50 just east of 16th Street and tried to pull the driver over, but he wouldn’t stop.
The chase ended at 5th and V Streets in Sacramento. That’s where Pleasant was taken into custody.
Pleasant faces felony charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance; evading police and avoiding capture; hit-and-run; carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon. In this case, the deadly weapon was the car.
- Parents Worried After Warning Threatens School Shooting At Rio Americano High
- Woman Allegedly Found Passed Out With Marin County Principal, Drugs Appears In Court
- Getting Answers Tour: Why Can’t I Dig A Well, And Who Handles Our Law Enforcement?
- Marin County Principal Arrested In Rancho Cordova Motel With Unconscious Woman, Drugs
- Man Shot At Arden-Area Applebee’s Parking Lot