SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was taken into custody for reportedly carjacking a taxi driver and leading sheriff’s deputies on a chase.
At around 10:15 p.m. Sunday a taxi was at the 7-11 at Watt and Whitney Avenues when the suspect, Contrell Pleasant, 36, of Sacramento, allegedly assaulted the driver, got into the taxi and headed south on Watt Avenue, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
Deputies located the car as it was heading west on Highway 50 just east of 16th Street and tried to pull the driver over, but he wouldn’t stop.
The chase ended at 5th and V Streets in Sacramento. That’s where Pleasant was taken into custody.
Pleasant faces felony charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance; evading police and avoiding capture; hit-and-run; carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon. In this case, the deadly weapon was the car.
- Friends, Family, Colleagues Remember Deputy Robert ‘Bob’ French
- Memorial Fund Established For Sacramento Deputy Killed In Shootout
- Deputy’s Death Comes 10 Years To Day Of Plane Crash That Killed Parents
- Sacramento County Sheriff’s Satisfaction Survey Comes Back Positive
- Sacramento Sheriff: Black Lives Matter Spokeswoman Wants ‘No Police’