Man Accused Of Carjacking Taxi, Leading Deputies On Chase In Sacramento
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was taken into custody for reportedly carjacking a taxi driver and leading sheriff’s deputies on a chase.
At around 10:15 p.m. Sunday a taxi was at the 7-11 at Watt and Whitney Avenues when the suspect, Contrell Pleasant, 36, of Sacramento, allegedly assaulted the driver, got into the taxi and headed south on Watt Avenue, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
Deputies located the car as it was heading west on Highway 50 just east of 16th Street and tried to pull the driver over, but he wouldn’t stop.
The chase ended at 5th and V Streets in Sacramento. That’s where Pleasant was taken into custody.
Pleasant faces felony charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance; evading police and avoiding capture; hit-and-run; carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon. In this case, the deadly weapon was the car.
- Whatever Happened To Penny Parker? How a Dedicated Detective Found Her Killer 25 Years Later
- Vehicle Burglars Caught On Video In Sacramento County
- Carmichael Student, 14, Arrested For Threatening Instagram Post
- Florin Road Bank Robbery Suspect Sought By Deputies
- 3 Arrested For String Of Home Invasion Robberies In Antelope