Man Accused Of Carjacking Taxi, Leading Deputies On Chase In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was taken into custody for reportedly carjacking a taxi driver and leading sheriff’s deputies on a chase.
At around 10:15 p.m. Sunday a taxi was at the 7-11 at Watt and Whitney Avenues when the suspect, Contrell Pleasant, 36, of Sacramento, allegedly assaulted the driver, got into the taxi and headed south on Watt Avenue, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
Deputies located the car as it was heading west on Highway 50 just east of 16th Street and tried to pull the driver over, but he wouldn’t stop.
The chase ended at 5th and V Streets in Sacramento. That’s where Pleasant was taken into custody.
Pleasant faces felony charges of driving under the influence of a controlled substance; evading police and avoiding capture; hit-and-run; carjacking and assault with a deadly weapon. In this case, the deadly weapon was the car.
- Detectives: 5th Person Arrested For Hookah Lounge Shooting, Another Still Sought
- Three Dogs Die Trapped In Hot Car In Sacramento County, Fourth Rescued
- Sacramento County Mom Accused Of Dealing Drugs Out Of Bra With Child Nearby
- UPDATE: Missing American River College Teacher Found Safe
- Sacramento County Officials Concerned About Spike In Hash Oil Explosions