Mom Arrested For Leaving Baby At Truck Stop For Over An Hour
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CB13) – A baby left at a truck stop in Sacramento County is in protective custody and her mother is behind bars.
Deputies were called to the 49er Travel Plaza on El Centro Road Sunday at 5:20 p.m. on reports of a baby left unattended in a carrier on the sidewalk, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman.
When they arrived, deputies found the abandoned six-week-old female being cared for by employees. Witnesses told deputies they saw a woman and a man with the infant at around 4:40 p.m. They left the location going in separate directions.
At around 7 p.m. the mother, Christina Reed, 36, of Lake County, returned for the baby and was taken into custody on charges of felony child endangerment.
Authorities have identified the man, Thomas “Tommy” Reed, as the baby’s father. He is also wanted for questioning.
The baby was placed in protective custody with Child Protective Services. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Child Abuse Bureau at (916) 874-5115. Tip information may also be left anonymously at http://www.sacsheriff.com, by texting to 274637 (CRIMES) and entering the keyword ‘SSD’, or by calling (916) 874-TIPS (8477).