San Diego Couple In Their 80s Killed By Their Pickup Truck
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Authorities in San Diego say a married couple in their 80s were killed when he backed a pickup truck over her, then was hit by the truck himself as he scrambled to help her.
The San Diego County Medical Examiner says in a statement Monday that 80-year-old Setsuko Yada was hit by her 87-year-old husband as he was trying to park their pickup truck on Sunday night.
The man was hit when he got out in what appears to have been an attempt to help his wife.
Paramedics declared the woman dead at the scene.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead soon after.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)