San Diego Couple In Their 80s Killed By Their Pickup Truck
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Authorities in San Diego say a married couple in their 80s were killed when he backed a pickup truck over her, then was hit by the truck himself as he scrambled to help her.
The San Diego County Medical Examiner says in a statement Monday that 80-year-old Setsuko Yada was hit by her 87-year-old husband as he was trying to park their pickup truck on Sunday night.
The man was hit when he got out in what appears to have been an attempt to help his wife.
Paramedics declared the woman dead at the scene.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead soon after.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)