Man Walking On Highway 113 Hit And Killed By Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A young man walking along Highway 113 was hit and killed by a big rig early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2 a.m. along a dark stretch of the highway just past Russell Boulevard, according to information from the California Highway Patrol. Authorities say that the driver of the big rig stopped at the scene right after hitting the man.
Investigators believe that the darkness of the roadway, there being no lighting in the area, made it hard for the big rig driver to see the pedestrian, who was standing in the traffic lane when he was hit.
The pedestrian has only been identified as a 21-year-old man from Santa Maria. Emergency personnel declared him dead at the scene.
Woodland area CHP is continuing to investigate the incident.