Man Walking On Highway 113 Hit And Killed By Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DAVIS (CBS13) – A young man walking along Highway 113 was hit and killed by a big rig early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2 a.m. along a dark stretch of the highway just past Russell Boulevard, according to information from the California Highway Patrol. Authorities say that the driver of the big rig stopped at the scene right after hitting the man.
Investigators believe that the darkness of the roadway, there being no lighting in the area, made it hard for the big rig driver to see the pedestrian, who was standing in the traffic lane when he was hit.
The pedestrian has only been identified as a 21-year-old man from Santa Maria. Emergency personnel declared him dead at the scene.
Woodland area CHP is continuing to investigate the incident.