Man Walking On Highway 113 Hit And Killed By Big Rig
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A young man walking along Highway 113 was hit and killed by a big rig early Friday morning.
The accident happened around 2 a.m. along a dark stretch of the highway just past Russell Boulevard, according to information from the California Highway Patrol. Authorities say that the driver of the big rig stopped at the scene right after hitting the man.
Investigators believe that the darkness of the roadway, there being no lighting in the area, made it hard for the big rig driver to see the pedestrian, who was standing in the traffic lane when he was hit.
The pedestrian has only been identified as a 21-year-old man from Santa Maria. Emergency personnel declared him dead at the scene.
Woodland area CHP is continuing to investigate the incident.