Woman Killed In Crash Along San Juan Road
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman believed to be in her late-20s was killed in a crash along San Juan Road, near El Centro Road, early Friday morning.
Police say that the crash happened just after 2:30 a.m. Investigators at the scene believe that the woman was heading west along San Juan Road when she, for an unknown reason, crossed over into the eastbound lane.
The woman then over-corrected, hopped a curb and crashed into a tree.
No one saw the accident, but neighbors in the area heard the crash and called 911. The woman, who was sole occupant of the car, was pronounced dead at the scene by Sacramento Fire Department personnel.
Neighbors in the area tell CBS13 that drivers often speed through this stretch of road. Investigators are still trying to determine if speed, drugs or alcohol played a factor in the crash.