Man, 42, Suspected Of Trying To Kidnap Boy Near Sutter’s Fort
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man has been arrested under suspicion of trying to kidnap a 3-year-old boy in midtown Sacramento Friday evening.
Sacramento Police say that the incident happened along the 2700 block of L Street, right by Sutter’s Fort. Officers showed up at the scene a little before 6:30 p.m. after a mother called 911 to report that a man had just tried to kidnap her son.
The woman told officers that the man – 42-year-old Anthony Genel – had walked up to them, grabbed the her son’s hand, and started lead him away. However, she was able to grab her son back and walk away.
Genel stayed at the scene and was interviewed by officers, who soon arrested him on attempted kidnapping charges. He is being held at Sacramento County Jail on $1,000,000 bail.