Man, 42, Suspected Of Trying To Kidnap Boy Near Sutter’s Fort
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man has been arrested under suspicion of trying to kidnap a 3-year-old boy in midtown Sacramento Friday evening.
Sacramento Police say that the incident happened along the 2700 block of L Street, right by Sutter’s Fort. Officers showed up at the scene a little before 6:30 p.m. after a mother called 911 to report that a man had just tried to kidnap her son.
The woman told officers that the man – 42-year-old Anthony Genel – had walked up to them, grabbed the her son’s hand, and started lead him away. However, she was able to grab her son back and walk away.
Genel stayed at the scene and was interviewed by officers, who soon arrested him on attempted kidnapping charges. He is being held at Sacramento County Jail on $1,000,000 bail.