Man, 42, Suspected Of Trying To Kidnap Boy Near Sutter’s Fort
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man has been arrested under suspicion of trying to kidnap a 3-year-old boy in midtown Sacramento Friday evening.
Sacramento Police say that the incident happened along the 2700 block of L Street, right by Sutter’s Fort. Officers showed up at the scene a little before 6:30 p.m. after a mother called 911 to report that a man had just tried to kidnap her son.
The woman told officers that the man – 42-year-old Anthony Genel – had walked up to them, grabbed the her son’s hand, and started lead him away. However, she was able to grab her son back and walk away.
Genel stayed at the scene and was interviewed by officers, who soon arrested him on attempted kidnapping charges. He is being held at Sacramento County Jail on $1,000,000 bail.