Attempted Murder Suspect Found Dead At Sacramento County Jail
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man being held at Sacramento County Main Jail was found to have committed suicide Sunday morning, authorities say.
According to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman, the 35-year-old man was found dead just after 10 a.m. He had been in custody since June 9, 2013, on felony charges of attempted murder, child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon.
Investigators do not believe the death to be suspicious. Still, an inmate death investigation will be carried out as standard procedure.
The man’s exact identity has not been released by authorities as of Sunday afternoon.