Attempted Murder Suspect Found Dead At Sacramento County Jail
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man being held at Sacramento County Main Jail was found to have committed suicide Sunday morning, authorities say.
According to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Lisa Bowman, the 35-year-old man was found dead just after 10 a.m. He had been in custody since June 9, 2013, on felony charges of attempted murder, child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon.
Investigators do not believe the death to be suspicious. Still, an inmate death investigation will be carried out as standard procedure.
The man’s exact identity has not been released by authorities as of Sunday afternoon.