West Sacramento Carjacking, High-Speed Chase Suspect Identified As Sacramento Man
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police arrested a suspect accused of carjacking and leading cops on a dangerous high-speed chase on surface streets in West Sacramento.
Officers received reports of a suspected shooting and that a man with a handgun was in the area. While officers responded, they received a call about a large fight and a suspect armed with a screwdriver.
The chase started near Harbor Boulevard and West Capitol Avenue at around 11:30 a.m., according to officers. The suspect allegedly assaulted a man at a gas station and drove off in the man’s grey Dodge pickup truck, reaching speeds of 70 mph. He also reportedly tried to hit several officers.
An officer fired two or three shots at the suspect before the suspect crashed his truck into a curb at Evergreen Avenue and Poplar Avenues and ran off.
Police found Thomas Brewer, 37, of Sacramento and transported him to a local hospital.
Police were unable to find any evidence that the suspect fired shots during the carjacking incident.