For Sale: 20 Acres With 20 Bathrooms, Basketball And Tennis Courts, Only $2,014
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A Roseville high school was up for sale at a price that would be a steal of a deal, had it not been a senior prank.
A sign and fliers went up at Oakmont High School advertising the 20-acre property with 20 bathrooms, tennis courts, basketball courts and a cleaning staff for the low price of $2,014.
The For Sale sign went up sometime on Monday morning right underneath the school’s digital billboard.
Students may have pulled off the prank, but the real mastermind was a mom.
Jessica Holden’s daughter is a senior at the school who picked her mom’s brain for pranks. Jessica said she didn’t mind helping, as long as her daughter didn’t get into trouble.
Oakmont sophomore Jared Andrade says school leaders warned students they wouldn’t put up with pranks after some destructive ones.
“They’ve been pretty bad the last few years,” he said. “I remember a couple years ago they actually chainsawed a tree in half.”
But Jessica says the idea of selling the school for $2,014 was all in good fun for the class of 2014.
Unfortunately, the sign fell in the hot sun. But Jessica says she’s got the rest of the week to plan part 2.
Jessica says her daughter brought the idea to the student body, but she’s not sure who actually put up the sign. Her daughter says she didn’t do it, because if she had, it would’ve looked more realistic.