Sacramento State Men’s Baseball Draws Cal Poly In NCAA Baseball Tournament
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento State men’s baseball team will open the NCAA Baseball Tournament against California Polytechnic State University on Friday.
The Hornets (39-22) will be the first opponent for the hosts of the San Luis Obispo Regional at Robin Baggett Stadium.
Cal Poly (45-10) is currently ranked No. 6 in the nation by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers of America. The teams did not face each other during the season.
The regional is a double-elimination tournament with four teams, including No. 24 ranked Pepperdine (39-16) and Arizona State (33-22). Regardless of the outcome of Friday’s game, the Hornets will play again on Saturday.
The Hornets’ signature win this season came on April 21 against the No. 2 ranked Oregon State Beavers at Raley Field. In that game, Sac State was down 6-1 after two innings, but rallied to top the Beavers 7-6.