Man, Woman Arrested After Emergency Room Visit Reveals Alleged Abuse
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A child abuse investigation has resulted in the arrest of a man and woman.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office was first alerted to the situation Monday. An emergency room nurse reported to authorities that a mother had brought her 10-year-old son to the hospital. The nurse suspected the child to be the victim of severe abuse.
Detectives soon took over the investigation and discovered that the boy’s 8-year-old brother was also a victim of abuse.
Further, evidence of pimping and prostitution was discovered after investigators served a search warrant of a home along the 2800 block of S. El Dorado Street.
John Anthony Baxter, 31, and Ashley Elizabethe Johnson, 25, have been arrested as a result of the investigation. Both face pimping and conspiracy charges.
Baxter is the father of the two boys. He faces added charges of child endangerment and child abuse.
- Ex-Convict Running For Stockton School Board Wants To Serve Community Any Way He Can
- Firefighter Possibly Injured While Battling Grass Fire In Sacramento County
- Meeks Arrest Highlights San Joaquin County’s Unusually High Bail Schedule
- Veterans Claim Stockton Fourth of July Parade Putting Politics Ahead Of Patriotism
- Warm Winter Blamed For California Cherry Crop Flop
EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story implied the children had been involved in the prostitution, which turned out not to be the case. We regret the error.