STOCKTON (CBS13) – A child abuse investigation has resulted in the arrest of a man and woman.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office was first alerted to the situation Monday. An emergency room nurse reported to authorities that a mother had brought her 10-year-old son to the hospital. The nurse suspected the child to be the victim of severe abuse.
Detectives soon took over the investigation and discovered that the boy’s 8-year-old brother was also a victim of abuse.
Further, evidence of pimping and prostitution was discovered after investigators served a search warrant of a home along the 2800 block of S. El Dorado Street.
John Anthony Baxter, 31, and Ashley Elizabethe Johnson, 25, have been arrested as a result of the investigation. Both face pimping and conspiracy charges.
Baxter is the father of the two boys. He faces added charges of child endangerment and child abuse.
- Grand Jury Rips San Joaquin County Homelessness Coordination Efforts
- Skydiving Plane Crashes Near Lodi Parachute Center
- San Joaquin County Man Who Died After High-Voltage Tower Climb Identified
- Deputies Search for Honor Farm Escapee
- Social Media Helping Wrangle Thieves Targeting San Joaquin County Farms
EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story implied the children had been involved in the prostitution, which turned out not to be the case. We regret the error.