Man, Woman Arrested After Emergency Room Visit Reveals Alleged Abuse
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A child abuse investigation has resulted in the arrest of a man and woman.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office was first alerted to the situation Monday. An emergency room nurse reported to authorities that a mother had brought her 10-year-old son to the hospital. The nurse suspected the child to be the victim of severe abuse.
Detectives soon took over the investigation and discovered that the boy’s 8-year-old brother was also a victim of abuse.
Further, evidence of pimping and prostitution was discovered after investigators served a search warrant of a home along the 2800 block of S. El Dorado Street.
John Anthony Baxter, 31, and Ashley Elizabethe Johnson, 25, have been arrested as a result of the investigation. Both face pimping and conspiracy charges.
Baxter is the father of the two boys. He faces added charges of child endangerment and child abuse.
- Man, 22, Killed In Crash East Of Lodi
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Algae Taking Over San Joaquin County Delta Waterways Could Pose Health Risk
- Friends Say Stockton Man Was Gunned Down In Case Of Mistaken Identity
- Ex-Convict Running For Stockton School Board Wants To Serve Community Any Way He Can
EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story implied the children had been involved in the prostitution, which turned out not to be the case. We regret the error.