Whitney High School Warning Has Parents Worried About Friday
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — A disturbing voice message has some parents worried about possible violence on campus at Whitney High School.
“In order to keep you informed and control a rumor which has already started I’m going to share with you the following: This morning, a parent called and shared that her son had heard a rumor about guns and a shooting to happen tomorrow.”
The rumor was based on an anonymous Instagram post discovered in April referring to the school.
The principal talked about that post in her phone message to parents.
“The profile description read ‘Whitney high school new world order 5/30/14.’ That is all the investigative team found. No evidence of guns or shooting or threats were found on the profile.”
Rocklin Police say they investigated the post, and determined there was no credible threat.
But some parents say they won’t be sending their sons or daughters to school on Friday, not wanting to take any chances.