Whitney High School Warning Has Parents Worried About Friday
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROCKLIN (CBS13) — A disturbing voice message has some parents worried about possible violence on campus at Whitney High School.
“In order to keep you informed and control a rumor which has already started I’m going to share with you the following: This morning, a parent called and shared that her son had heard a rumor about guns and a shooting to happen tomorrow.”
The rumor was based on an anonymous Instagram post discovered in April referring to the school.
The principal talked about that post in her phone message to parents.
“The profile description read ‘Whitney high school new world order 5/30/14.’ That is all the investigative team found. No evidence of guns or shooting or threats were found on the profile.”
Rocklin Police say they investigated the post, and determined there was no credible threat.
But some parents say they won’t be sending their sons or daughters to school on Friday, not wanting to take any chances.