Man Shot, Killed By Woodland Officer Had Taken Woman Hostage, Police Say
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Police say they shot and killed a man who was holding a woman at gunpoint early Friday morning.
Woodland Police tell CBS13 that they were alerted to a situation at the Quick Stop Market along the 1400 block of East Main Street around 2 a.m. A man was reportedly outside the store armed with a gun.
He had left the store with a woman by the time officers arrived. But, a search of the surrounding area located a man matching the suspect’s description near Thomas Street and Echo Place, just a few blocks from the store. Officers confronted the man, but the man reportedly pulled out a gun and put it to the woman’s head.
Police say the man wouldn’t let the woman go, so an officer shot the man to protect the woman.
The man was later pronounced dead at the scene. The woman was not hurt in the shooting.
Police have not released the names of any individuals involved in the incident. Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 661-7800.
More Stories From Woodland
- Woodland Groundwater Hits All-Time Low Amid California Drought
- String Of Woodland Robberies In Broad Daylight Tied To One Suspect
- Woodland Relying Solely On Groundwater, But Change Coming Soon
- Woodland Residents Rally On Social Media For Restaurant Owner In Fight With Landlord
- Man Shot, Killed By Woodland Officer Had Taken Woman Hostage, Police Say