Man Shot, Killed By Woodland Officer Had Taken Woman Hostage, Police Say
WOODLAND (CBS13) – Police say they shot and killed a man who was holding a woman at gunpoint early Friday morning.
Woodland Police tell CBS13 that they were alerted to a situation at the Quick Stop Market along the 1400 block of East Main Street around 2 a.m. A man was reportedly outside the store armed with a gun.
He had left the store with a woman by the time officers arrived. But, a search of the surrounding area located a man matching the suspect’s description near Thomas Street and Echo Place, just a few blocks from the store. Officers confronted the man, but the man reportedly pulled out a gun and put it to the woman’s head.
Police say the man wouldn’t let the woman go, so an officer shot the man to protect the woman.
The man was later pronounced dead at the scene. The woman was not hurt in the shooting.
Police have not released the names of any individuals involved in the incident. Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call the Woodland Police Department at (530) 661-7800.
More Stories From Woodland
- Road Closures From Yolo County Courthouse Construction Worry Business Owners
- Baby Justice’s Father Arrested On Drug-Related Charges Two Days After Court Appearance
- Mother Of Baby Justice Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- High-Profile Defense Attorney Weighs In On Baby Justice Case
- Baby Justice’s Father Arrested On Unrelated Misdemeanor Warrants