Police: Roseville Man Hit Bicyclist With Truck, Took Off
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville man is under arrest on charges he hit a bicyclist with his pickup truck then took off from the scene.
The incident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday along Foothills Boulevard, in between Marcia Way and McAnally Drive, according to the Roseville Police Department. First responders to the scene found that a man riding his bicycle had been hit and seriously hurt.
Police credit a witness with helping them put together what happened: the bicyclist was riding his bike northbound in the southbound lane of Foothills Boulevard when he was hit by a pickup truck head-on.
The pickup truck driver took off from the scene without stopping, but officers were able to identify him as 24-year-old Ryan Cassell. Officers showed up at Cassell’s home later Saturday morning and arrested him on charges of felony hit and run and driving under the influence causing injury.
Police have only identified the bicyclist as a 24-year-old Roseville man. He was taken to the hospital and is currently listed in critical, but stable, condition.
Due to the investigation into the incident, two southbound lanes of Foothills Boulevard were closed for most of Saturday morning.
Cassell is being held at Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.