Police: Roseville Man Hit Bicyclist With Truck, Took Off
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville man is under arrest on charges he hit a bicyclist with his pickup truck then took off from the scene.
The incident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday along Foothills Boulevard, in between Marcia Way and McAnally Drive, according to the Roseville Police Department. First responders to the scene found that a man riding his bicycle had been hit and seriously hurt.
Police credit a witness with helping them put together what happened: the bicyclist was riding his bike northbound in the southbound lane of Foothills Boulevard when he was hit by a pickup truck head-on.
The pickup truck driver took off from the scene without stopping, but officers were able to identify him as 24-year-old Ryan Cassell. Officers showed up at Cassell’s home later Saturday morning and arrested him on charges of felony hit and run and driving under the influence causing injury.
Police have only identified the bicyclist as a 24-year-old Roseville man. He was taken to the hospital and is currently listed in critical, but stable, condition.
Due to the investigation into the incident, two southbound lanes of Foothills Boulevard were closed for most of Saturday morning.
Cassell is being held at Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.