Police: Roseville Man Hit Bicyclist With Truck, Took Off
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A Roseville man is under arrest on charges he hit a bicyclist with his pickup truck then took off from the scene.
The incident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday along Foothills Boulevard, in between Marcia Way and McAnally Drive, according to the Roseville Police Department. First responders to the scene found that a man riding his bicycle had been hit and seriously hurt.
Police credit a witness with helping them put together what happened: the bicyclist was riding his bike northbound in the southbound lane of Foothills Boulevard when he was hit by a pickup truck head-on.
The pickup truck driver took off from the scene without stopping, but officers were able to identify him as 24-year-old Ryan Cassell. Officers showed up at Cassell’s home later Saturday morning and arrested him on charges of felony hit and run and driving under the influence causing injury.
Police have only identified the bicyclist as a 24-year-old Roseville man. He was taken to the hospital and is currently listed in critical, but stable, condition.
Due to the investigation into the incident, two southbound lanes of Foothills Boulevard were closed for most of Saturday morning.
Cassell is being held at Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.