Semi Truck Passenger Killed In Vallejo After Driver Nods Off And Crashes
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – One person was killed Monday morning in Vallejo when the semi they were riding in left the freeway and hit some trees.
CHP says the crash happened on westbound I-80 near Tennessee Street at around 3 a.m. The driver told officers he fell asleep. The truck drifted to the right, left the road and slammed into some trees, ripping off the right side of the cab and throwing out the passenger who was not wearing a seat belt.
“The truck hit the first tree and ripped of the entire right side of the cab and the roof and the side of the box and the roof and the lift gate or the roll-up door on the back. And it came to rest on that tree and the fence,” said CHP Officer Andrew Brown. “The passenger was ejected and sustained fatal injuries.”
The truck was reportedly hauling mattresses from Macy’s in Sacramento to a destination in the Bay Area.
CHP says hazmat crews were called to the crash site to clean up spilled diesel fuel.
The name of the person who was killed has not been released.
- Big Rig Crash Closes All Lanes Of Westbound I-80 In Vallejo
- Napa Earthquake Aftershocks Reveal Additional Roadway Damage
- Semi Truck Passenger Killed In Vallejo After Driver Nods Off And Crashes
- Six Flag Discovery Mourns Passing Of Elephant
- Vallejo Man With Missing Memory Reunited With Family After CBS13 Story