SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Mother’s Quest For Answers In Daughter’s Murder Continues More Than A Decade Later
- Fight Against Human Trafficking Extends To Hospitals
- Sections Of Highway 160 Slated For Overnight Closures
- Sacramento City Leaders Postpone Vote On Controversial Homeless Plan
- Suspect In 1978 Slayings Of British Tourists In Belize Dies Awaiting Trial