SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Sacramento Railyards Plan Wins Approval, But Not Without School Concerns
- British Sacramento Kings Fan Travels Thousands Of Miles For Golden 1 Center Opening
- Kings Finalize Roster: Waive Draft Pick Cousins, Veteran Farmar
- No Vacancy: Big Draw Events Leading To Dearth In Sacramento Hotel Rooms
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Car On I-5 Near Garden Highway