SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Natomas Teacher Arrested, Accused Of Taking Inappropriate Photos Of Student In Classroom
- Wind Advisory In Effect, Gusts Up To 50 MPH Expected
- Homeless Man’s Death On Steps Of City Hall Prompts Calls For Action
- Sacramento Storm Cleanup Keeps Businesses Busy
- Strong Winds Topple Trees, Power Outages Persist Due To Storm