Sacramento Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Police Chase
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Sacramento Sushi Lovers Undeterred By Salmonella Scare Linked To Raw Tuna
- California’s Unemployment Rate Dips To 6.3 Percent
- 1 Person Injured In Sacramento Duplex Fire
- Small Business Takes Big Blow From Thieves In Downtown Sacramento
- Sacramento LGBT Center Decries Delay In Transgender Inmate’s Sex Reassignment Surgery