Sacramento Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Police Chase
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Beer Week Shining Spotlight On Sacramento’s Growing Craft Brewing Industry
- City Tells Group Trying To Pay It Forward That Front Yard Giveaway Falls Under Garage Sale Ordinance
- Sacramento Youth Outreach Program Slashes Crime In Tough Neighborhood
- Community, Lawmakers Denounce Swastikas Displayed Outside Sacramento Home
- Vintage Toys Could Bring Big Cash Out Of Your Attic