SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- CDC Warns To Toss Romaine Lettuce; Local Stores Unaffected By Recall
- Regulations Kill Buzz Of Pot Holiday At Sacramento Dispensaries
- School Walkouts Planned On Anniversary Of Columbine High Shooting
- Firefighters Treating North Sacramento House Fire As Suspicious
- In Jailhouse Interview, Stevante Clark Denies Hurting Anyone