SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Sacramento Man Asks City Council To Update Veterans Memorial With Recently Fallen
- Deadly Crashes On The Rise As CHP Says Drivers Aren’t Wearing Seat Belts
- Sacramento Hiker, 80, Rescued After 40-Foot Fall On Yuba River Trail
- Roommate Prank Summons Police As Woman Barricades Herself In Bedroom
- Sacramento Kings Deny Planned Tower Near Golden 1 Center Is Behind Schedule