SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento man was arrested on charges of drug possession and evading police after he allegedly refused to pull over during a traffic stop overnight.
At 1:42 a.m. Wednesday officers tried to pull over a car over for a traffic violation, but instead of pulling over, the driver reportedly kept going. Police followed the car, and during the chase, the suspect allegedly threw some things out the window that were later found to be narcotics, according to a police statement.
Police pulled the man over in the area of El Camino and Grove Avenues.
Steve Stevenson, 30, of Sacramento was arrested on multiple narcotics charges, driving on a suspended license and evading police.
More Sacramento Stories
- Search Called Off For Sacramento Man Missing After Raft Flips In Alaska
- Rent Control Debate Draws Dozens Decrying High Cost Of Living
- Rent Control Rally Puts Spotlight On Housing Problem
- Brandon Smith Autopsy Points To Methamphetamine, But Questions Remain
- Mental Health Crisis In Spotlight At Capitol Rally