Large Haystack Catches Fire Near Winters
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WINTERS (CBS13) – Firefighters say that a large haystack that caught fire late Thursday night could burn for at least a day.
Crews were called to the scene near Highways 505 and 128 around 11 p.m. Thursday. The fire could be seen from the freeway and lit up the night sky.
Once firefighters realized it was a hay fire, however, they made sure it wouldn’t spread and left the scene.
The fire is now classified as a controlled burn.
About 500 tons of hay has already been burned so far Friday morning.
It is unclear what sparked the fire.