Search Continues For Man Missing In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Searchers are continuing to look for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County east of Pollock Pines.
Vernon “Cody” Matthews, 23, was last seen leaving for a hike on the afternoon of June 7. He was alone and started out on Spring Valley Road, according to an El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office statement.
The next day, family members reported Matthews missing. Search operations began that evening and have continued until now. The search has involved deputies, search and rescue teams, helicopters, and horseback units.
Authorities have set up a command post at Ice House Road just north of Highway 50.
Matthews is described as Caucasian, 6 feet 3 inches tall