Search Continues For Man Missing In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Searchers are continuing to look for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County east of Pollock Pines.
Vernon “Cody” Matthews, 23, was last seen leaving for a hike on the afternoon of June 7. He was alone and started out on Spring Valley Road, according to an El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office statement.
The next day, family members reported Matthews missing. Search operations began that evening and have continued until now. The search has involved deputies, search and rescue teams, helicopters, and horseback units.
Authorities have set up a command post at Ice House Road just north of Highway 50.
Matthews is described as Caucasian, 6 feet 3 inches tall