Search Continues For Man Missing In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Searchers are continuing to look for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County east of Pollock Pines.
Vernon “Cody” Matthews, 23, was last seen leaving for a hike on the afternoon of June 7. He was alone and started out on Spring Valley Road, according to an El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office statement.
The next day, family members reported Matthews missing. Search operations began that evening and have continued until now. The search has involved deputies, search and rescue teams, helicopters, and horseback units.
Authorities have set up a command post at Ice House Road just north of Highway 50.
Matthews is described as Caucasian, 6 feet 3 inches tall