Search Continues For Man Missing In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Searchers are continuing to look for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County east of Pollock Pines.
Vernon “Cody” Matthews, 23, was last seen leaving for a hike on the afternoon of June 7. He was alone and started out on Spring Valley Road, according to an El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office statement.
The next day, family members reported Matthews missing. Search operations began that evening and have continued until now. The search has involved deputies, search and rescue teams, helicopters, and horseback units.
Authorities have set up a command post at Ice House Road just north of Highway 50.
Matthews is described as Caucasian, 6 feet 3 inches tall