Search Continues For Man Missing In El Dorado County
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Searchers are continuing to look for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County east of Pollock Pines.
Vernon “Cody” Matthews, 23, was last seen leaving for a hike on the afternoon of June 7. He was alone and started out on Spring Valley Road, according to an El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office statement.
The next day, family members reported Matthews missing. Search operations began that evening and have continued until now. The search has involved deputies, search and rescue teams, helicopters, and horseback units.
Authorities have set up a command post at Ice House Road just north of Highway 50.
Matthews is described as Caucasian, 6 feet 3 inches tall