Fairfield Man, 49, Suspected Of Molesting Multiple Children
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested a Fairfield man on charges he carried out a number of sexual assaults against family friends’ children.
numerous sexual assaults against charges against numerous children.
According to the Fairfield Police Department, detectives have been investigating 49-year-old Steven Sherwood since May 30 after questions arose over his association with several young girls.
Allegations of sexual assault and child pornography were soon revealed. A search warrant was then issued for Sherwood’s home along the 900 block of Garfield Street in Fairfield and evidence of sex crimes against children was discovered, detectives say.
Sherwood was soon arrested and booked at Solano County Jail on June 4 on charges of continuous sexual assault of a minor, aggravated sexual assault of a minor and lewd acts with a minor.
- Fairfield Police Officer Crashes Car Into Tree While Responding To Call
- Man In RV Leads Authorities On Chase From Fairfield To Vacaville
- Community Saves Cordelia Bride’s Wedding After Fire Burns Everything But Her Dress
- Fairfield Football Coach Accused Of Stealing Money From Team Speaks Out After Charges Dropped
- Police: Fairfield Student, 11, Attacked While Walking To School
Detectives noted that the girls are the children of family friends of Sherwood.
In their June 11 press release, detectives noted that since the original investigation, several other victims have been identified. More charges of sexual assault against children have been filed against Sherwood as a result.
Sherwood’s bail is now set at over $3 million.
Detectives still believe more possible victims of Sherwood could be out there. Anyone with more information for the investigation is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7300.