Fairfield Man, 49, Suspected Of Molesting Multiple Children
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested a Fairfield man on charges he carried out a number of sexual assaults against family friends’ children.
numerous sexual assaults against charges against numerous children.
According to the Fairfield Police Department, detectives have been investigating 49-year-old Steven Sherwood since May 30 after questions arose over his association with several young girls.
Allegations of sexual assault and child pornography were soon revealed. A search warrant was then issued for Sherwood’s home along the 900 block of Garfield Street in Fairfield and evidence of sex crimes against children was discovered, detectives say.
Sherwood was soon arrested and booked at Solano County Jail on June 4 on charges of continuous sexual assault of a minor, aggravated sexual assault of a minor and lewd acts with a minor.
- Police: Fairfield Sexual Assault Suspect Could Have Telltale Marks Of Struggle
- Police: Teen Jogger Assaulted, Possibly By Suspect Wanted For August Incidents
- Fairfield Coach’s Arrest A Reminder For Booster Organizations To Be Vigilant With Finances
- UPDATE: Teen Arrested In Fairfield Shooting
- Fairfield Coach’s Wife Calls Charges Lies: ‘They did it to Jesus—why not Coach Haynes?’
Detectives noted that the girls are the children of family friends of Sherwood.
In their June 11 press release, detectives noted that since the original investigation, several other victims have been identified. More charges of sexual assault against children have been filed against Sherwood as a result.
Sherwood’s bail is now set at over $3 million.
Detectives still believe more possible victims of Sherwood could be out there. Anyone with more information for the investigation is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7300.