Police Looking For Driver Who Hit, Killed Woman In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a woman was hit and killed by a car that left the scene Wednesday morning.
The incident happened near Martin Luther King Boulevard and Golden Gate Avenue just after 5 a.m., according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers found that a woman believed to be in her 50s was hit by a car.
A witness at the scene says they saw that a white sedan hit the woman, then took off from the scene. The witness last saw the car heading south along Highway 99.
The woman soon succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene, police say.
Police believe that the sedan will have damage to its windshield.
Officers at the scene made it very clear how serious the charges the driver faces.
“If you think you struck something, pull over and see what you hit,” said Officer Joe Silva. “Call 911, because what this person did … just made this case a lot worse for themselves. Now they’re looking at hit-and-run resulting in death ,which is a felony punishable by going to state prison.”
The woman is believed to be a transient, police say.