Random Sacramento Bike Trail Stabbing Has Joggers, Cyclists Worried
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A random attack on a popular bike trail has outdoor enthusiasts concerned about their safety.
A jogger says a man came out of nowhere and stabbed him on a Wednesday morning run on a trail near Front and R streets.
Officers say the male jogger was running along the Sacramento River bike trail when a suspect walking in the opposite direction began yelling. The suspect, who doesn’t know the victim, would then attack him with some sort of cutting instrument.
The victim ran for his life, leaving a trail of blood longer than the length of a football field, before finding someone in the area to call 911.
The suspect slipped away before police arrived, leaving people on the trail on high alert.
“I’m always wary, especially for women walking alone or jogging alone,” said cyclist Dee Brown.
Police say at this point they only have a vague description of the suspect.