Man, 23, Arrested For Crash That Killed His Teen Passenger
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 23-year-old man is under arrest on numerous charges after police say he left the scene of a crash that took the life of his 17-year-old passenger.
The crash happened early Tuesday morning near Florin Road and 21st Street. Officers who responded to the scene found that a car had hit a parked flatbed truck. A 17-year-old girl was found inside the car, but the driver was nowhere to seen.
Fire crews declared the girl dead at the scene.
Police say that, with the help of a K9, the driver was found a short while later.
The driver – 23-year-old Hernando Villa – also sustained injuries in the crash and had to be taken to the hospital for treatment. Wednesday, Villa was cleared to be taken into custody and was booked at Sacramento County Jail.
Villa now faces charges of hit-and-run resulting in injury or death, driving on a suspended license and vehicular manslaughter.