Man, 23, Arrested For Crash That Killed His Teen Passenger
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 23-year-old man is under arrest on numerous charges after police say he left the scene of a crash that took the life of his 17-year-old passenger.
The crash happened early Tuesday morning near Florin Road and 21st Street. Officers who responded to the scene found that a car had hit a parked flatbed truck. A 17-year-old girl was found inside the car, but the driver was nowhere to seen.
Fire crews declared the girl dead at the scene.
Police say that, with the help of a K9, the driver was found a short while later.
The driver – 23-year-old Hernando Villa – also sustained injuries in the crash and had to be taken to the hospital for treatment. Wednesday, Villa was cleared to be taken into custody and was booked at Sacramento County Jail.
Villa now faces charges of hit-and-run resulting in injury or death, driving on a suspended license and vehicular manslaughter.