Redding Man Who Stabbed Father, Severed Own Hands Committed To Mental Hospital
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
REDDING (AP) – A Northern California man accused of stabbing his father before cutting his own hands off with a radial saw has been committed to a state mental hospital.
A judge on Wednesday ordered 28-year-old Jason Dunn to be sent to Napa State Hospital. The Record Searchlight of Redding reports that Dunn will spend at least seven years there.
He was accused of attacking his father with a pair of scissors last June and then cutting his own hands off. His hands have since been reattached.
Shasta County Sheriff’s deputies found the elder Dunn lying on the driveway of his Redding home with multiple stab wounds. He has since recovered.
Dunn was standing nearby with both hands severed at the wrists.
As part of a plea deal, Dunn was found not guilty by reason of insanity.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.