1 Killed In Crash Involving Modesto Bus, 2 Other Vehicles
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) – An accident involving a Modesto City Bus and two other vehicles has taken the life of one person, authorities say.
According to a release from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority, the accident happened around 8:22 a.m. Friday at 500 North 9th Street in downtown Modesto. Emergency personnel who responded to the scene soon found that a car had hit the back of the bus in the northbound lane, while another vehicle hand flipped upside down into the southbound lanes.
Officials say that one person inside the vehicle that flipped was able to get out before emergency responders showed up, but a person inside the car that hit the back of the bus had to be cut out.
That person was cut out within 20 minutes of first responders getting to the scene. However, the person was later pronounced dead at the hospital, officials say.
Six people on the bus reportedly had various injuries. In total, seven patients due to the crash are being treated: six are listed with minor injuries while the seventh is listed in critical condition.
The Modesto Police Department is continuing to investigate what caused the crash.