1 Killed In Crash Involving Modesto Bus, 2 Other Vehicles
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – An accident involving a Modesto City Bus and two other vehicles has taken the life of one person, authorities say.
According to a release from the Modesto Regional Fire Authority, the accident happened around 8:22 a.m. Friday at 500 North 9th Street in downtown Modesto. Emergency personnel who responded to the scene soon found that a car had hit the back of the bus in the northbound lane, while another vehicle hand flipped upside down into the southbound lanes.
Officials say that one person inside the vehicle that flipped was able to get out before emergency responders showed up, but a person inside the car that hit the back of the bus had to be cut out.
That person was cut out within 20 minutes of first responders getting to the scene. However, the person was later pronounced dead at the hospital, officials say.
Six people on the bus reportedly had various injuries. In total, seven patients due to the crash are being treated: six are listed with minor injuries while the seventh is listed in critical condition.
The Modesto Police Department is continuing to investigate what caused the crash.