Search For Missing Hiker In El Dorado County Expands To American River
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – The search for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County last week is expanding.
Vernon “Cody” Mathews, 23, was last heard from on June 6 just before he went on a hike. According to a statement from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department, Mathews started out on Spring Valley Road, east of Pollock Pines.
The next day, Mathews’ family called authorities concerned for his safety.
Search and rescue crews from a variety of different agencies have been helping in the effort to find Mathews, including personnel from El Dorado, Solano Placer and Contra Costa Counties.
Since the search effort began, no new information about where Mathews could be has been discovered.
Friday, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department announced that a dive and team and white water rescue teams will be searching the American River. A California Highway Patrol helicopter is also helping in Friday’s search.
Investigators are also looking into whether Mathews traveled outside the current search area.