Search For Missing Hiker In El Dorado County Expands To American River
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – The search for a hiker who went missing in a remote area of El Dorado County last week is expanding.
Vernon “Cody” Mathews, 23, was last heard from on June 6 just before he went on a hike. According to a statement from the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department, Mathews started out on Spring Valley Road, east of Pollock Pines.
The next day, Mathews’ family called authorities concerned for his safety.
Search and rescue crews from a variety of different agencies have been helping in the effort to find Mathews, including personnel from El Dorado, Solano Placer and Contra Costa Counties.
Since the search effort began, no new information about where Mathews could be has been discovered.
Friday, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department announced that a dive and team and white water rescue teams will be searching the American River. A California Highway Patrol helicopter is also helping in Friday’s search.
Investigators are also looking into whether Mathews traveled outside the current search area.