3 Arrested In Lodi Gang Sweep Targeting Norteño Members
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – Spurred by recent violence in Lodi and Stockton, authorities conducted a sweep focusing on known Norteño gang members in the area Friday.
In total, 50 Stockton Police Department detectives and officers, along with 11 more from the Lodi Police Department, participated in the Lodi sweep. The officers focused on 19 gang members on probation or parole. Of those 19, officers were able to contact 13 of the subjects for probation or parole searches.
The searches resulted in three arrests, according to the Lodi Police Department.
Two of the people arrested are facing gun charges. One of them was said to be a 17-year-old documented gang member who reportedly had a Norinco Model 54-1semi-auto 7.62X25mm handgun in his possession.
A 20-year-old documented gang member, Rafael Valdovinos, had a Taurus .357 revolver in his possession, police say. Both Valdovinos and the 17-year-old face felon in possession of a firearm charges, among other charges.
The third person arrested had a warrant out for his arrest, police say.