Crews Mopping Up After Fire Burns Fairfield Apartments
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Late into Saturday night, firefighters were out at a Fairfield apartment complex doing mop up work after a destructive fire.
Crews were called to the scene at some point before 7:30 p.m. for a fire that quickly grew to multiple alarms.
Firefighters said that the fire looks to have started on a lower level apartment, then spread to two other units.
The fire was doused, but firefighters said that three apartments are a total loss. A few other units also suffered water and smoke damage.
Still, all residents were able to escape from the flames unharmed. One teen CBS13 spoke to said he saved a man’s life during the chaos of the fire.
“I saw the old dude in there. [He was] out of it ‘cause of breathing all the smoke,” Latrell McCockran said. “So I picked him up, I took him outside and I gave him some water. He was like, ‘thank you, thank you.’”
Firefighters are unsure as to what caused the fire.
Mojgan Sherkat contributed to this report.