Man Drowns While Fishing In Antioch Marina
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) — Police said a 52-year-old man who was fishing with friends for Father’s Day has drowned after slipping on a rock near the Antioch Marina.
Antioch police Lt. John Vanderklugt said the Oakland man waded into the water to untangle a line Sunday when he slipped and hit his head on some rocks.
The Contra Costa Times says the other men, who were from an Oakland church group, plucked the man from the water and tried to resuscitate him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.