Man Drowns While Fishing In Antioch Marina
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) — Police said a 52-year-old man who was fishing with friends for Father’s Day has drowned after slipping on a rock near the Antioch Marina.
Antioch police Lt. John Vanderklugt said the Oakland man waded into the water to untangle a line Sunday when he slipped and hit his head on some rocks.
The Contra Costa Times says the other men, who were from an Oakland church group, plucked the man from the water and tried to resuscitate him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.