Supporters On Both Sides Of Bill Affecting Ride-Sharing Companies Rally At The Capitol
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Hundreds of drivers and fans of the popular ride-sharing companies Uber and Lyft are rallied at the capitol against a bill that could but the brakes on their businesses.
Both sides of the debate met at the north steps and both had different missions.
Supporters of AB2293 say the bill fixes the insurance gap and protects drivers, passengers, pedestrians and the public.
Meanwhile, drivers and riders in droves showed up to the capitol to rally for the popular ride-sharing companies Uber and Lyft. They are rallying to reject AB612 and AB2293.
Both sides then went into the capitol to the senate floor where a hearing took place to discuss the bills.