Supporters On Both Sides Of Bill Affecting Ride-Sharing Companies Rally At The Capitol
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Hundreds of drivers and fans of the popular ride-sharing companies Uber and Lyft are rallied at the capitol against a bill that could but the brakes on their businesses.
Both sides of the debate met at the north steps and both had different missions.
Supporters of AB2293 say the bill fixes the insurance gap and protects drivers, passengers, pedestrians and the public.
Meanwhile, drivers and riders in droves showed up to the capitol to rally for the popular ride-sharing companies Uber and Lyft. They are rallying to reject AB612 and AB2293.
Both sides then went into the capitol to the senate floor where a hearing took place to discuss the bills.