Fix 50 Work Finishing Up Early
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Caltrans confirms that the Fix 50 project should wrap up sometime Thursday morning after nearly two months of major, traffic interfering work.
Phase 2, which began back on June 6 to resurface the outside lanes of Highway 50 between 24th and 18th Streets in Sacramento, will finish six days early.
Caltrans officials say inspections will take place throughout the day to make sure everything is up to standard and working.
At 9 p.m. Wednesday, the changeover will begin – which will include sealing and re-striping the newly completed inside lanes.
Caltrans officials say they are thanking the community for their help during the Fix 50 project.
Delays are still expected until construction ends.
- Fix 50 Work Finishing Up Early
- Final Fix 50 Phase May Bring Slowest Traffic Ever For Commuters To Downtown Sacramento
- Final Phase Of Fix 50 Project Expected To Cause Major Traffic Delays With Closures
- Westbound Fix 50 Work Likely To Send Commuters To Sacramento Surface Streets
- How To Get Around Fix 50: Westbound Phase 1