Police: Wanted Suspect Pulled Knife, Shot Dead By Officers
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento Police Department says that a suspect has been shot and killed in an alley in North Sacramento early Thursday morning.
Police say that two officers were in a foot chase with a suspect along Marysville Boulevard, near North Avenue. At some point during the chase, the suspect reportedly pulled out a knife, forcing officers to fire multiple shots at the suspect.
“Obviously, the officers were in close proximity of the individual. He was armed with a knife, and fearing for their safety, [the officers] were forced to fire,” said Officer Doug Morse with the Sacramento Police Department.
The suspect was killed in the shooting, police say. Police say that the suspect had a warrant out for his arrest.
Roads in the area — including North Avenue, Harris Avenue and Ivy Street — will be closed during the investigation, police say.
Neighbors in the area told CBS13 that nothing usually happens in the alley and that the neighborhood is pretty quiet.