Fairfield Fire Burns At Least Two Buildings Including One Home In 25-30 mph Winds
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A four-alarm fire is threatening homes in the area of southbound Interstate 680 and Interstate 80.
Evacuations have been ordered in the Ritchie Road area.
At least two buildings including one home is currently burning on Central Way in Fairfield.
Thick black smoke can be seen from miles away. Cal Fire is assisting with the fire.
The California Highway Patrol is reporting all lanes are open, but are cautioning drivers to still avoid the area if possible because of heavy traffic.
Firefighters are facing a difficult fight with winds approaching 30 mph and at least three separate fires burning at the moment.
Fire officials are investigating the cause of the fire.
Tune into the CBS13 News at 5 for more on this breaking story.