Fairfield Fire Burns At Least Two Buildings Including One Home In 25-30 mph Winds
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) — A four-alarm fire is threatening homes in the area of southbound Interstate 680 and Interstate 80.
Evacuations have been ordered in the Ritchie Road area.
At least two buildings including one home is currently burning on Central Way in Fairfield.
Thick black smoke can be seen from miles away. Cal Fire is assisting with the fire.
The California Highway Patrol is reporting all lanes are open, but are cautioning drivers to still avoid the area if possible because of heavy traffic.
Firefighters are facing a difficult fight with winds approaching 30 mph and at least three separate fires burning at the moment.
Fire officials are investigating the cause of the fire.
Tune into the CBS13 News at 5 for more on this breaking story.