Redding Police Shoot, Kill Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
REDDING (AP) – Authorities say police officers in the Northern California city of Redding shot and killed a man in the front yard of a home and then found a person slain inside.
Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the home a little before 2 a.m. Friday. Shasta County Sheriff’s officials say the suspect was in the front yard and brandished a large butcher knife at them when they got there, prompting three officers to open fire.
The suspect was struck multiple times and later pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s officials say officers were told by witnesses at the scene that the suspect had stabbed another person. They found a man dead from multiple stab wounds inside the home. The relationship, if any, between the men or what prompted the stabbing was not immediately known.
The men have not been identified.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.