Redding Police Shoot, Kill Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
REDDING (AP) – Authorities say police officers in the Northern California city of Redding shot and killed a man in the front yard of a home and then found a person slain inside.
Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the home a little before 2 a.m. Friday. Shasta County Sheriff’s officials say the suspect was in the front yard and brandished a large butcher knife at them when they got there, prompting three officers to open fire.
The suspect was struck multiple times and later pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s officials say officers were told by witnesses at the scene that the suspect had stabbed another person. They found a man dead from multiple stab wounds inside the home. The relationship, if any, between the men or what prompted the stabbing was not immediately known.
The men have not been identified.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.