Redding Police Shoot, Kill Suspect
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
REDDING (AP) – Authorities say police officers in the Northern California city of Redding shot and killed a man in the front yard of a home and then found a person slain inside.
Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the home a little before 2 a.m. Friday. Shasta County Sheriff’s officials say the suspect was in the front yard and brandished a large butcher knife at them when they got there, prompting three officers to open fire.
The suspect was struck multiple times and later pronounced dead.
Sheriff’s officials say officers were told by witnesses at the scene that the suspect had stabbed another person. They found a man dead from multiple stab wounds inside the home. The relationship, if any, between the men or what prompted the stabbing was not immediately known.
The men have not been identified.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.