Woman Dies In Nevada House Fire, Man Taken To UC Davis Burn Center
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SPARKS, Nev. (AP) – Investigators believe the improper use of cigarettes is to blame for a deadly house fire in Sparks.
Fire officials say when crews arrived at the Shari Way house Thursday night, they found an elderly woman on the floor and efforts to revive her failed.
An elderly man found inside the home was taken to the UC Davis Burn Center in Sacramento.
The extent of his injuries and the names of the two were not immediately released.
Investigators say the woman was found inside a smoke-filled bedroom, and a preliminary investigation shows the fire originated at the bottom corner of a bed.
The 8:20 p.m. fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.