Woman Dies In Nevada House Fire, Man Taken To UC Davis Burn Center
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SPARKS, Nev. (AP) – Investigators believe the improper use of cigarettes is to blame for a deadly house fire in Sparks.
Fire officials say when crews arrived at the Shari Way house Thursday night, they found an elderly woman on the floor and efforts to revive her failed.
An elderly man found inside the home was taken to the UC Davis Burn Center in Sacramento.
The extent of his injuries and the names of the two were not immediately released.
Investigators say the woman was found inside a smoke-filled bedroom, and a preliminary investigation shows the fire originated at the bottom corner of a bed.
The 8:20 p.m. fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.