Woman Dies In Nevada House Fire, Man Taken To UC Davis Burn Center
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SPARKS, Nev. (AP) – Investigators believe the improper use of cigarettes is to blame for a deadly house fire in Sparks.
Fire officials say when crews arrived at the Shari Way house Thursday night, they found an elderly woman on the floor and efforts to revive her failed.
An elderly man found inside the home was taken to the UC Davis Burn Center in Sacramento.
The extent of his injuries and the names of the two were not immediately released.
Investigators say the woman was found inside a smoke-filled bedroom, and a preliminary investigation shows the fire originated at the bottom corner of a bed.
The 8:20 p.m. fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.