cbs13headerlogo-1 SPORTS1140HeaderLogo gooddayheaderlogo (1)
SPORTS CHALLENGES: Your sports predictions could mean a FREE Trip to Cancun or Jamaica!  Sign up for the Pro Football Challenge | Sign up for the Pro Football Knock Out Pool

Local

Woman Dies In Nevada House Fire, Man Taken To UC Davis Burn Center

View Comments
File (Credit: JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images)

File (Credit: JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images)

Don't Miss This

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SPARKS, Nev. (AP) –€” Investigators believe the improper use of cigarettes is to blame for a deadly house fire in Sparks.

Fire officials say when crews arrived at the Shari Way house Thursday night, they found an elderly woman on the floor and efforts to revive her failed.

An elderly man found inside the home was taken to the UC Davis Burn Center in Sacramento.

The extent of his injuries and the names of the two were not immediately released.

Investigators say the woman was found inside a smoke-filled bedroom, and a preliminary investigation shows the fire originated at the bottom corner of a bed.

The 8:20 p.m. fire is under investigation.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus