Arden-Area Marie Callender’s Closes After 46 Years
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A popular Sacramento restaurant closed after 46 years in business, taking many by surprise.
Marie Callender’s on Arden Way sold its final pies Sunday and closed up shop for good.
Workers were told on Thursday about the restaurant’s closing.
The closing has left many of those employees scrambling as they figure out what to do, now that they are left without a job.
“I have a 4-year-old; I’m a single mom, and now I don’t have a job,” said shift manager Claudia Davis.
The restaurant was scheduled to close at 2 p.m., but had to close earlier because it was short staff.