Arden-Area Marie Callender’s Closes After 46 Years
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A popular Sacramento restaurant closed after 46 years in business, taking many by surprise.
Marie Callender’s on Arden Way sold its final pies Sunday and closed up shop for good.
Workers were told on Thursday about the restaurant’s closing.
The closing has left many of those employees scrambling as they figure out what to do, now that they are left without a job.
“I have a 4-year-old; I’m a single mom, and now I don’t have a job,” said shift manager Claudia Davis.
The restaurant was scheduled to close at 2 p.m., but had to close earlier because it was short staff.