Arden-Area Marie Callender’s Closes After 46 Years
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A popular Sacramento restaurant closed after 46 years in business, taking many by surprise.
Marie Callender’s on Arden Way sold its final pies Sunday and closed up shop for good.
Workers were told on Thursday about the restaurant’s closing.
The closing has left many of those employees scrambling as they figure out what to do, now that they are left without a job.
“I have a 4-year-old; I’m a single mom, and now I don’t have a job,” said shift manager Claudia Davis.
The restaurant was scheduled to close at 2 p.m., but had to close earlier because it was short staff.