Arden-Area Marie Callender’s Closes After 46 Years
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – A popular Sacramento restaurant closed after 46 years in business, taking many by surprise.
Marie Callender’s on Arden Way sold its final pies Sunday and closed up shop for good.
Workers were told on Thursday about the restaurant’s closing.
The closing has left many of those employees scrambling as they figure out what to do, now that they are left without a job.
“I have a 4-year-old; I’m a single mom, and now I don’t have a job,” said shift manager Claudia Davis.
The restaurant was scheduled to close at 2 p.m., but had to close earlier because it was short staff.