Fire South Of San Andreas Forced Some Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
CALAVERAS COUNTY (CBS13) – A fire east of Angels Camp forced some residents to evacuate in rural Calaveras County Sunday afternoon.
According to the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office, the fire is between Hunt and Pool Station Road, which lies about 8 miles west of Angels Camp. Authorities are asking people to avoid the area for the next few hours as the fire is causing significant traffic backups.
An evacuation center has been opened at Copperopolis Elementary School, the sheriff’s office notes.
Cal Fire is calling the fire the “Oak Fire” and says that it has burned about 100 acres as of Sunday afternoon.
A little before 7 p.m., officials announced that the evacuations have been lifted.