Fire South Of San Andreas Forced Some Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CALAVERAS COUNTY (CBS13) – A fire east of Angels Camp forced some residents to evacuate in rural Calaveras County Sunday afternoon.
According to the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office, the fire is between Hunt and Pool Station Road, which lies about 8 miles west of Angels Camp. Authorities are asking people to avoid the area for the next few hours as the fire is causing significant traffic backups.
An evacuation center has been opened at Copperopolis Elementary School, the sheriff’s office notes.
Cal Fire is calling the fire the “Oak Fire” and says that it has burned about 100 acres as of Sunday afternoon.
A little before 7 p.m., officials announced that the evacuations have been lifted.