Fire South Of San Andreas Forced Some Evacuations
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
CALAVERAS COUNTY (CBS13) – A fire east of Angels Camp forced some residents to evacuate in rural Calaveras County Sunday afternoon.
According to the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office, the fire is between Hunt and Pool Station Road, which lies about 8 miles west of Angels Camp. Authorities are asking people to avoid the area for the next few hours as the fire is causing significant traffic backups.
An evacuation center has been opened at Copperopolis Elementary School, the sheriff’s office notes.
Cal Fire is calling the fire the “Oak Fire” and says that it has burned about 100 acres as of Sunday afternoon.
A little before 7 p.m., officials announced that the evacuations have been lifted.