Crop Duster Crash Lands In Sutter County
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13)- A crop dusting plane has crash landed near Highway 99 in Sutter County.
The incident happened at around 7:20 a.m. near southbound Highway 99 between Elverta and Riego Roads in Sutter County, according to a statement from Sacramento Regional Fire/EMS Communication Center.
According to a FAA Public Affairs Manager Ian Gregor, the engine of the Air Tractor AT-301 suddenly quit, forcing the pilot to land in a ditch next to a frontage road near Highway 99.
The pilot, who was the only person on the plane at the time, said he was fertilizing a field when he went down.
Emergency crews from Sacramento Fire Department and Sutter County Fire Department responded to the scene; however the pilot was uninjured and could be seen walking around talking to emergency personnel at the scene.
The FAA is continuing with its investigation.