Poll Shows Half Of Californians Still Give Pres. Obama Positive Job Rating
Don't Miss This
- Family Vacation Turns Into Nightmare When Hurricane Odile Leaves Them Stranded In Cabo
- Puddles At The Dog Park: Owners Say Roseville Parks Department Overwatering Grass
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A new Field Poll finds that half of all Californians approve of the job President Barack Obama is doing, a sharp contrast with his lower approval ratings in the rest of the country.
But the poll released Tuesday also finds that 52 percent of Californians believe the country is on the wrong track and just 34 percent say it’s on the right track. In November 2011, seven in 10 Californians said the country was on the wrong track.
Field says public opinion of Obama has remained steady in California over the last year. Half of those polled said they approve, 39 percent disapprove and 11 percent had no opinion.
Field surveyed 2,013 adults June 5-22. The poll has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.