Crews Douse Fire At Vacant South Modesto Home
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto Regional Fire Authority and Ceres Fire Department crews doused a fire at a South Modesto home early Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported a little after 3 a.m., fire officials say. Witnesses reported seeing smoke coming from the home at 1113 Boulder Avenue and firefighters soon found heavy smoke coming from all sides of the building.
Crews had to pry open the building, as it was vacant and boarded up. Once inside, firefighters found that the flames were mainly coming from the center of the home and the attic.
The flames were under control within 20 minutes, officials say. No one was found inside.
Mop-up work continued for several hours. The fire caused about $75,000 in damage, officials say.