Crews Douse Fire At Vacant South Modesto Home
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto Regional Fire Authority and Ceres Fire Department crews doused a fire at a South Modesto home early Wednesday morning.
The fire was reported a little after 3 a.m., fire officials say. Witnesses reported seeing smoke coming from the home at 1113 Boulder Avenue and firefighters soon found heavy smoke coming from all sides of the building.
Crews had to pry open the building, as it was vacant and boarded up. Once inside, firefighters found that the flames were mainly coming from the center of the home and the attic.
The flames were under control within 20 minutes, officials say. No one was found inside.
Mop-up work continued for several hours. The fire caused about $75,000 in damage, officials say.