Cal Fire: Downed Power Lines Complicating Firefight Near Foresthill
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FORESTHILL (CBS13) – Firefighters are having a tough time getting to the flames of a fire near Foresthill due to downed power lines, a Cal Fire official says.
The fire was first reported along Spring Garden Road a little before 9 a.m. California Highway Patrol reports that a witness saw the fire burning down in a canyon.
At last count, the Cal Fire official says, the fire had burned about two acres. However, the fire will continue to grow until firefighters can access it.
Smoke from the fire can be seen from Interstate 80 – which lies about 15 miles away.
About 25-30 firefighters from three agencies – Cal Fire, Foresthill Fire and the Tahoe National Forest – are at the scene.
According to CHP, fire crews have asked Spring Garden Road at Foresthill Road to be shut down.
More information to come. Stick with CBS13 for updates.
- AP Exclusive: Wildfire Citations Applied Unevenly
- Cal Fire: Sacramento Man Sparked Shasta Co. Fire On Way To Illegal Pot Grow
- Hutto Fire Near Smartsville Fully Contained At 38 Acres
- Monticello Fire Jumps In Size, But Some Residents Staying Put
- Downed Power Pole Knocks Power Out To Hundreds In Dunnigan Area