FORESTHILL (CBS13) – Firefighters are having a tough time getting to the flames of a fire near Foresthill due to downed power lines, a Cal Fire official says.
The fire was first reported along Spring Garden Road a little before 9 a.m. California Highway Patrol reports that a witness saw the fire burning down in a canyon.
At last count, the Cal Fire official says, the fire had burned about two acres. However, the fire will continue to grow until firefighters can access it.
Smoke from the fire can be seen from Interstate 80 – which lies about 15 miles away.
About 25-30 firefighters from three agencies – Cal Fire, Foresthill Fire and the Tahoe National Forest – are at the scene.
According to CHP, fire crews have asked Spring Garden Road at Foresthill Road to be shut down.
More information to come. Stick with CBS13 for updates.
- Wildfire Burning Near Big Sur Becomes Costliest Ever To Fight At $200M
- Homeowner Sued $25 million Over California Wildfire
- Fires Torch Hundreds Of Acres Of Brush In Calveras County, Spare Homes
- Pacheco Fire In Calaveras County Burns Several Hundred Acres
- Forecasters: Wildfire Risk Remains High In California Throughout July