Cal Fire: Downed Power Lines Complicating Firefight Near Foresthill
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FORESTHILL (CBS13) – Firefighters are having a tough time getting to the flames of a fire near Foresthill due to downed power lines, a Cal Fire official says.
The fire was first reported along Spring Garden Road a little before 9 a.m. California Highway Patrol reports that a witness saw the fire burning down in a canyon.
At last count, the Cal Fire official says, the fire had burned about two acres. However, the fire will continue to grow until firefighters can access it.
Smoke from the fire can be seen from Interstate 80 – which lies about 15 miles away.
About 25-30 firefighters from three agencies – Cal Fire, Foresthill Fire and the Tahoe National Forest – are at the scene.
According to CHP, fire crews have asked Spring Garden Road at Foresthill Road to be shut down.
More information to come. Stick with CBS13 for updates.