Kings Reveal Timeline For Demolition, Construction Of Downtown Arena
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings revealed new details on the construction of a new downtown arena and the demolition efforts beginning in late July.
The anticipation for the transformation has been building, as the mall will be knocked down and the building of a nearly half-billion Kings arena will begin.
The grand entrance to the mall on Seventh Street between the 24-Hour Fitness and the University of San Francisco satellite school will be made into a viewing window for demolition. People who work nearby will get a VIP view of the scene.
Parking will become premium underneath the mall as nearly half of the spots will be gone once demolition starts.
By the end of the year, the demolition will be done and 2015 will start with the building of the new arena’s steel and concrete frame. By the end of that year the glass, metal and concrete facade will be built.
If all goes as planned, they’ll have another year to finish the interior and open the arena in the fall of 2016.