World Cup Fever For USA vs Germany Coming At Right Time For Sacramento Soccer Fans
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — World Cup fever is coming at the perfect time for Sacramento soccer fans as Team USA plays Germany in the morning and the Sacramento Republic will play its second game at Bonney Field in the evening.
At 8 a.m., de Vere’s plans to open its doors for fans excited to cheer for the national team. A win or a tie against Germany and the U.S. moves on to the Round of 16.
The man behind the Sacramento Republic couldn’t be happier.
“The people of Sacramento have been supportive us unequivocally very well indeed,” said Sacramento Republic General Manager Graham Smith.
He’s seeing World Cup excitement running over into an already energized local fan base.
“The World Cup, it’s a pageant; it’s a cornucopia of colors and sounds and all the fans coming together,” he said.
Just as he’s witnessed with his club as long-starved local soccer fans are getting their fill and selling out stadiums.
Top striker for the Republic FC Tommy Stewart, with five goals on the season so far, says the fans have scored with him.
“The fans are coming out and supporting us and we’re trying to give as much back to them as they are to us,” he said.