YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Fire Leaves Yuba City Women’s Shelter Scrambling For Solutions
- Congregation Steps Up To Help Yuba City Women’s Shelter After Fire
- 20 Displaced From Women’s And Children’s Shelter
- Yuba City Catholic Church Volunteer Accused Of Child Molestation
- Yuba City Church Volunteer Arrested On Sex Charges Out Of Arizona