Human Skeletal Remains Found In Backyard Of Yuba City Home
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Woman Banned From Little League In 1950s Will Throw Out First Pitch At Little League World Series
- Yuba City Considering Ordinance To Crackdown On Aggressive Panhandlers
- 530 Fatties Facebook Page Targeted Overweight, Obese Yuba-Sutter Residents
- Yuba City Police Cracking Down On Speeders In Education Effort
- Police: Human Remains Found In Yuba City Likely Tied To Religious Tradition