YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- More Than 40 Years Later, ‘Baby Jane’ Learns Who Abandoned Her As A Newborn
- CHP: 1 Killed In Accident On Highway 99 Near Yuba City
- Yuba City Couple’s Wedding Pictures Stolen After Thieves Hit Photographer’s Car In Huntington Beach
- Yuba City Water District Working To Reduce Bacteria In Wastewater Following Fine
- Live Oak Special Ed Teacher Accused Of Sex With Minor