YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- New Spillway Being Built On Yuba County Dam
- 1 Million Salmon Released Into Sacramento River, But How Far North Will They Go?
- Man Nearly Run Over While Trying To Stop Shoplifting Suspect In Yuba City
- Police: Good Samaritan Stops Apparent Kidnapping In Yuba City
- Detectives: Oroville Man Allegedly Sent Texts Threatening Mass Shooting At A Casino