Human Skeletal Remains Found In Backyard Of Yuba City Home
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Yuba City, Firefighters At Odds Over How Many Are Needed To Respond To Calls
- Yuba City Police Officer’s, Wife’s Vehicles Stolen From Driveway
- Generosity Undoes Thieves’ Damage As Donations Roll Into Yuba City Salvation Army
- Yuba-Sutter Salvation Army Burglarized, Gifts For Needy Families Stolen
- Parents Taking Precautions After E.coli Found At School Well In Yuba City