Human Skeletal Remains Found In Backyard Of Yuba City Home
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Woman Banned From Little League In 1950s Will Throw Out First Pitch At Little League World Series
- Yuba City Considering Ordinance To Crackdown On Aggressive Panhandlers
- 530 Fatties Facebook Page Targeted Overweight, Obese Yuba-Sutter Residents
- Yuba City Police Cracking Down On Speeders In Education Effort
- Police: Human Remains Found In Yuba City Likely Tied To Religious Tradition