Human Skeletal Remains Found In Backyard Of Yuba City Home
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Yuba City Homeowner Fined $250 As City Cracks Down On Water Usage
- Yuba City Workers Weighing Strike Options After City Council Imposes Contract
- Medical Board Reprimands Yuba City Doctor For Contaminated Surfaces, Unlabeled Syringes
- 3 Killed In Head-On Crash On Highway 113; DUI Suspect Arrested
- Possible Yuba City Employees’ Strike Could Cut Off Essential Services