YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Human bones have turned up in the backyard of a home in Yuba City.
On Monday evening police were called out to a home on Nadean Drive where a dog that was digging obsessively unearthed a pot containing what appeared to be human skeletal remains, including a human skull. There were also animal remains, doll fragments and other unusual objects.
Experts from California State University Chico came to the yard where they studied the remains and concluded they were possibly used in Afro-Caribbean religious traditions Santeria and Palo Mayonbe.
The age and origin on of the skeletal remains are being investigated.
- Yuba City Teachers Reach Agreement With School District, Ending Strike
- Police: Murders Of 2 Men In Yuba City Mobile Home Park Likely Gang-Related
- Yuba City Teachers Will Hold Meeting On Sixth Day Of Strike
- Boys Arrested In Connection With Robbery Attempt In Yuba City
- Frustrations Mount As Yuba City Teachers Strike Stretches Into Fourth Day