2 Arrested, Suspected Of Child Abuse In Death Of Infant
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested two people in connection to an infant death case dating back to 2013.
The arrests were made in San Francisco, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. Davonna Byrd, 24, and Damian Porter, 25, were arrested on murder and assault on a child charges.
Detectives believe that Byrd and Porter are responsible for the death of a 2-month-old child at an apartment complex along the 2200 block of Edison Avenue. In that April 8 incident, deputies were called to the scene by a Metro Fire crew who found the unresponsive child.
The child was taken to the hospital but was soon pronounced dead.
An autopsy done by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office found that the infant had died from multiple injuries, indicating that the child had been abused. The office subsequently ruled the child’s death a homicide.
Byrd and Porter were arrested in San Francisco back on Wednesday and were transferred over to Sacramento County Jail on Thursday. Both are being held without bail.