2 Arrested, Suspected Of Child Abuse In Death Of Infant
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested two people in connection to an infant death case dating back to 2013.
The arrests were made in San Francisco, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. Davonna Byrd, 24, and Damian Porter, 25, were arrested on murder and assault on a child charges.
Detectives believe that Byrd and Porter are responsible for the death of a 2-month-old child at an apartment complex along the 2200 block of Edison Avenue. In that April 8 incident, deputies were called to the scene by a Metro Fire crew who found the unresponsive child.
The child was taken to the hospital but was soon pronounced dead.
An autopsy done by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office found that the infant had died from multiple injuries, indicating that the child had been abused. The office subsequently ruled the child’s death a homicide.
Byrd and Porter were arrested in San Francisco back on Wednesday and were transferred over to Sacramento County Jail on Thursday. Both are being held without bail.