Police: Woman Found Dead In Midtown Apartment
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say that a woman found dead in her midtown apartment had obvious signs of trauma to her body.
According to the Sacramento Police Department, the woman – said to be in her 30s – was discovered by a concerned friend around 10 a.m. Saturday who went to check on her after sending her some texts and calls without getting a response.
The friend entered the woman’s apartment near 17th and P Streets and found her unresponsive, police say. Fire personnel were called to the scene, but police were soon alerted about the incident as well.
Police say that homicide detectives found “obvious signs of trauma” to the woman, although information on how the woman died has not been released by investigators.
While detectives have not identified a specific motive for the murder, they do believe that the incident wasn’t random.
Anyone with more information to divulge to investigators is asked to call the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 264-5471.