Police: Woman Found Dead In Midtown Apartment
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say that a woman found dead in her midtown apartment had obvious signs of trauma to her body.
According to the Sacramento Police Department, the woman – said to be in her 30s – was discovered by a concerned friend around 10 a.m. Saturday who went to check on her after sending her some texts and calls without getting a response.
The friend entered the woman’s apartment near 17th and P Streets and found her unresponsive, police say. Fire personnel were called to the scene, but police were soon alerted about the incident as well.
Police say that homicide detectives found “obvious signs of trauma” to the woman, although information on how the woman died has not been released by investigators.
While detectives have not identified a specific motive for the murder, they do believe that the incident wasn’t random.
Anyone with more information to divulge to investigators is asked to call the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 264-5471.