Quick Work By Deputy Prevents Drowning During ‘Rage On The River’
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s a huge party every year when thousands of people flock to the confluence of the Sacramento and American Rivers for “Rage on the River.”
Rescue crews said low water levels this year meant many boats were confined to one area. That, along with the heat, alcohol and the number of inexperienced boaters on the water had crews on their toes.
“We have strategic points to access the river should something big happen,” said Roberto Padilla.
For the first time, a large number of emergency crews were watching the river closely – and were ready for anything.
“I think it’s good they have extra help,” said Candace Oroyval.
Sunday, a drowning was averted thanks to a Stanislaus County Sheriff deputy seeing a hand in the water. Crews said the woman, who is expected to be OK, was not wearing a lifejacket – something authorities would like to remind all boaters to do.
- Quick Work By Deputy Prevents Drowning During ‘Rage On The River’ (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Crews Search For Teen Who Went Missing In Sacramento River (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Capsized Boat Discovered Under I Street Bridge (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Police: Search Underway For Woman Seen Entering Sacramento River (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Family’s Lives Saved By Sac Metro Life Jacket Lending Program (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Body Of Missing Bullard’s Bar Reservoir Boater Recovered (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Deputies Patrol Rivers Enforcing Memorial Day Weekend Alcohol Ban (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Sunken Boat Found On Sacramento River; No Sign Of Boaters In Distress (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Teenager Drowns at Sandy Beach (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Penn Valley Emergency Crews Save 6-Year-Old Boy From Near-Drowning (sacramento.cbslocal.com)