Gesture a Win For Sacramento Republic FC
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
Nothing’s sweeter than winning a match for Sacramento Republic FC, except perhaps when it means giving back to the fans.
Over the weekend in Oklahoma, the team did just that. Sacramento Republic FC was in town to face off against OKC Energy FC, a game which they lost 0-2.
While dining at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Oklahoma City, a fan noticed the team and approached head coach Predrag Radisavljevic for a photo op, wrote Jon Guill on the team’s Facebook wall.
“I am a Disabled Combat Veteran who served in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom 3,” Guill wrote. “I asked your coach if it would be ok if the team took a photo with our son, and he was generous enough to accept, and this was the outcome.Thank You from the bottom of my heart, as well as the hearts of our family who were there to witness such an awesome, and caring team!! What you guys did will forever be in our hearts!!”
Erika Bjork, Sacramento Republic FC’s vice president of marketing and communications, told CBS 13 that interacting with fans is an integral part of the Sac Republic FC experience.
“When our team is traveling, they are representatives of the Sacramento region, not just our club,” she said. “Our players understand the importance that the fans have. The fans are everything to us.”
- Following Championship In Its First Year, Sacramento Republic Not Slowing Down In Offseason
- Carmichael Dave: Scenes From A Championship
- Carmichael Dave: Glory Glory Sac Republic!!!
- Sacramento Trying To Sell MLS Officials On City’s Plans To Be Home Of League’s Newest Team
- Sacramento Republic Welcome MLS Officials To Town With Arena Plans In Tow