Gesture a Win For Sacramento Republic FC
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
Nothing’s sweeter than winning a match for Sacramento Republic FC, except perhaps when it means giving back to the fans.
Over the weekend in Oklahoma, the team did just that. Sacramento Republic FC was in town to face off against OKC Energy FC, a game which they lost 0-2.
While dining at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Oklahoma City, a fan noticed the team and approached head coach Predrag Radisavljevic for a photo op, wrote Jon Guill on the team’s Facebook wall.
“I am a Disabled Combat Veteran who served in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom 3,” Guill wrote. “I asked your coach if it would be ok if the team took a photo with our son, and he was generous enough to accept, and this was the outcome.Thank You from the bottom of my heart, as well as the hearts of our family who were there to witness such an awesome, and caring team!! What you guys did will forever be in our hearts!!”
Erika Bjork, Sacramento Republic FC’s vice president of marketing and communications, told CBS 13 that interacting with fans is an integral part of the Sac Republic FC experience.
“When our team is traveling, they are representatives of the Sacramento region, not just our club,” she said. “Our players understand the importance that the fans have. The fans are everything to us.”
- Economists: Downtown Sacramento Kings Arena Could Pave Way For MLS Franchise
- Sacramento Soccer Fans Excited For Chance At MLS Team
- Sacramento Soccer Pitch In A New York Minute
- Mayor Johnson, Republic FC President Meet With MLS Execs In New York
- Sacramento Republic FC Adds Over 12 More People To Investor Group