Gesture a Win For Sacramento Republic FC
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
Nothing’s sweeter than winning a match for Sacramento Republic FC, except perhaps when it means giving back to the fans.
Over the weekend in Oklahoma, the team did just that. Sacramento Republic FC was in town to face off against OKC Energy FC, a game which they lost 0-2.
While dining at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Oklahoma City, a fan noticed the team and approached head coach Predrag Radisavljevic for a photo op, wrote Jon Guill on the team’s Facebook wall.
“I am a Disabled Combat Veteran who served in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom 3,” Guill wrote. “I asked your coach if it would be ok if the team took a photo with our son, and he was generous enough to accept, and this was the outcome.Thank You from the bottom of my heart, as well as the hearts of our family who were there to witness such an awesome, and caring team!! What you guys did will forever be in our hearts!!”
Erika Bjork, Sacramento Republic FC’s vice president of marketing and communications, told CBS 13 that interacting with fans is an integral part of the Sac Republic FC experience.
“When our team is traveling, they are representatives of the Sacramento region, not just our club,” she said. “Our players understand the importance that the fans have. The fans are everything to us.”
- Republic FC Playoff Single-Game Tickets Sell Out In 30 Minutes
- Sacramento Group In Portland Make MLS Dreams A Stronger Reality
- Sacramento Republic Pitching MLS Aspirations At All-Star Weekend In Portland
- Gesture a Win For Sacramento Republic FC
- World Cup Fever For USA vs Germany Coming At Right Time For Sacramento Soccer Fans