Gesture a Win For Sacramento Republic FC
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
Nothing’s sweeter than winning a match for Sacramento Republic FC, except perhaps when it means giving back to the fans.
Over the weekend in Oklahoma, the team did just that. Sacramento Republic FC was in town to face off against OKC Energy FC, a game which they lost 0-2.
While dining at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Oklahoma City, a fan noticed the team and approached head coach Predrag Radisavljevic for a photo op, wrote Jon Guill on the team’s Facebook wall.
“I am a Disabled Combat Veteran who served in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom 3,” Guill wrote. “I asked your coach if it would be ok if the team took a photo with our son, and he was generous enough to accept, and this was the outcome.Thank You from the bottom of my heart, as well as the hearts of our family who were there to witness such an awesome, and caring team!! What you guys did will forever be in our hearts!!”
Erika Bjork, Sacramento Republic FC’s vice president of marketing and communications, told CBS 13 that interacting with fans is an integral part of the Sac Republic FC experience.
“When our team is traveling, they are representatives of the Sacramento region, not just our club,” she said. “Our players understand the importance that the fans have. The fans are everything to us.”
- Sacramento Republic Plan To Expand Bonney Field Up To 3,500 Seats Approved
- Going For The Goal: Sacramento Makes Noise At MLS Cup
- MLS To Announce Next Expansion Plans By Mid-2015
- Future Of Major League Soccer In Sacramento Could Be Decided In First Half Of 2015
- Economists: Downtown Sacramento Kings Arena Could Pave Way For MLS Franchise