Sacramento Murder Suspect: ‘They Already Got Me As Guilty’
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The weeks-long search for a murder suspect finally ended this weekend, and he spoke to CBS13 in an attempt to defend his character.
Hishima Jay Small is facing felony charges that could send him to state prison for a very long time.
“I don’t wish murder on nobody,” he said. “I don’t wish nobody’s family to be hurt. I don’t wish nobody to be away from their kids.”
Homicide investigators arrested Small over the weekend, saying he’s responsible for the murder of 34-year-old Kareem Johnson. Officers say Johnson was gunned down in the early morning hours on June 13 in a parking lot on Bell Street.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department believes the motive behind the alleged murder was robbery. Investigators are staying tight-lipped on details about the alleged crime.
“We’re not quite sure if the suspect and victim knew each other,” said Sgt. Lisa Bowman.
CBS13’s Ron Jones spoke to Small about the events that led up to Johnson’s death, and he was just as tight-lipped.
“I don’t even know him,” Small said, referring to Johnson. “That’s not who I am and that’s not what it was.”
Rather than saying whether he was there that night, Small spent most of the interview defending his character.
“The way the picture is being painted right now I don’t think I’ll have a fair trial in the city of Sacramento because I’m already being painted as this monster,” he said. “They already got me as guilty.”
Small hopes to have an attorney by Tuesday. He’s currently behind held without bail.
- Suspect In Murder Near Arden-Arcade Park Arrested
- Suspect In Murder Near Arden-Arcade Park Identified
- Sacramento Murder Suspect: ‘They Already Got Me As Guilty’ (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Midtown Residents On Edge Following Woman’s Murder (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Sacramento Man, 18, Arrested For Murdering Woman, 49 (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Sacramento Police Searching For Thanksgiving Murder Suspect (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Detectives Arrest Suspect In Stabbing (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Sacramento Woman Found Guilty In Husband’s Death (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Boy, 16, Arrested For Murder Of Rio Linda Man (sacramento.cbslocal.com)